24 Feb 2013

Tortellini and Vegetable Bake

It seems that I am getting back into the "swing" of things in the kitchen. Much to the delight of my family, I have been rediscovering the oven of late :) and believe it or not I really am enjoying serving up the new recipes that I have been creating, and making me smile is the positive feed back I am receiving from everyone.
If you have a large family, you would know that pleasing everyone all of the time is no mean feat......

So this week for my Sunday Smile Post, I am sharing yet another hit recipe that put a smile on my families face this week.
If you give it a whirl.....
Enjoy :)

Tortellini and Vegetable Bake 
1 pkt of feta filled tortellini
1 sliced carrot
1 cup mushrooms
1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas halved 
1 tbls butter
2 chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces 
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp cornflour
1 clove crushed garlic
1 cup milk
250g soften cream cheese
1 tbls lemon juice
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
grated cheese

Cook tortellini in salted boiling water according to pkt directions adding the carrot for the last five min of cooking, and the peas for the last minute. Drain and leave aside. 
Heat butter in pan and cook chicken and mushrooms till chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat.

Mix together chicken broth, oregano, flour and garlic. Add to pan with milk and heat through while stirring until mixture thickens. Add cream cheese and continue stirring until smooth.
Stir in lemon juice.

Combine pasta mix, chicken mix and sauce mix and carefully stir through cherry tomatoes. Place mixture into a greased oven proof dish and top with grated cheese. Bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbling and golden.

Another dinner winner makes me smile :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...