1 Oct 2017

TAKING STOCK - September 2017



Are you on the same roller coaster as me ? The one that seems to be hurtling towards the end of the year faster than you ever thought possible ? It's like I blinked and September vanished into thin air. It certainly is a reminder for us all to stop and take in the little things that surrounds us.

Pip  really was onto a good thing when she started Taking Stock each month to keep a diary of sorts for everything that she wanted to remember. So many of us have joined in with her, and I love taking a moment to stop and think of what went on in my life at the end of each month. So without any more rambling, here is my September.


Making  time to do some craft again. Its been a long time between projects and it feels good to be making stuff again.
Cooking  large amounts of fried rice. I cant seem to feed my family enough of it.
Drinking  Kombucha. Where on earth has this been all my life ? I know that I am slow to the party, but I cant get enough of this delicious beverage.
Reading  The Mummy Bloggers by Holly Wainwright. I had really high expectations for this book, but was kind of disappointed in it. I also read Spin Cycle by Ilsa Evans and really enjoyed this one. Seems it was the month of Aussie authors for me.
Wanting  time to slow down. How is October already ?
Looking  for new recipes that will cut down time in the kitchen over summer. I will be trying many  new salad recipes on my family and was wondering if you have any summer meals that you would like to share with me ?
Wishing  I could pack up and take my family on a holiday. One day it will happen. One day.....
Enjoying  life right now. Time spent with my family and just generally taking the time to stop and smell the roses. I've finally got it into my thick head that there is no point stressing over the small things.
Waiting  for rain. It is so dry here that our grass is brown and crunchy and water restrictions are tight. We are hoping that we actually get a long over due wet season this summer. Without the cyclones of course.
Liking  my new fan in our bedroom.
Wondering  how long its going to be before our pool is invaded by our sons friends and the house and yard is full of wet towels.
Loving  the colour green.
Listening  to Pinks new songs and Busby Marou.
Buying  new dresses to get me through the hot summer months that are on their way.
Watching  trash TV as always lol
Hoping  that the last few months of the year pass a little slower.
Needing  more time with my family.
Questioning  why everything in life has to cost so much money.
Smelling  all the pretty flowers that are in bloom. I really love spring time.


Wearing  cool dresses, and pyjamas on the school run still 
Noticing  that my family don't NOTICE all the work I do around the home for them.
Knowing  that it is only thirteen days until Pinks new album is released and I can not wait :)
Thinking  about the job interview I have on Tuesday and freaking out.
Admiring  people who know exactly who they are and are completely at ease with themselves.
Getting  ready to start painting the house.
Opening  birthday presents. I really was a lucky lady this year.
Closing  closing the door on forty two and welcoming in the year of being forty three.
Feeling  tired.
Dreaming  of going on a cruise some time in the future.
Hearing  the birds early in the morning. Such a lovely way to wake up.
Celebrating my birthday and the North QLD Cowboys making the NRL grand final. Come on boys you can do it .....
Pretending  that my boys are still little and we still have all the time in the world.
Embracing  this fabulous family that my husband and I have created together and knowing that without them my life would be totally incomplete.

How was your September ?
Did you celebrate any birthdays or anniversaries ?
Are just as baffled as me as to where this year has gone ?

beck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...