4 Jan 2013

Family, Sun, Sand, Surf and Mother Always Knows Best !!

You know it's summer in the Crafty household when there are wet towels hanging from every nook and cranny, everyone is looking a little "pink" and there is sand from one end of the house to the other. That's the advantage of living in such a beautiful part of Australia.

Today we spent the afternoon at the beach, my favorite place on Earth. The boys were reluctant at first, I mean who in their right mind would drag teenage boys away from their PS3's and XBOX machines ????

Um that would be ME !!!

I decided that I needed a lazy afternoon of sun, sand, surf and family, and thanks to my determination and sheer harassment, I won :)

We are lucky enough to live fairly close to the beach, although if I had my way and believe me I am working on it  we would move even closer, the sights the smells it's completely relaxing to me. And although the salty water and sand make your skin feel icky and sticky sometimes, I always feel my best after a dip in the surf and a lazy day in the sun

PROTECTION OF SUNSCREEN, SUN SAFE CLOTHING AND HATS ARE A MUST PEOPLE.....I am not an advocate of frying ones self to resemble a scrumptious cooked lobster !!!

More often then not, the seas are quite calm in our area and waves are rare due to the coral beds of the Great Barrier Reef, however today, due to an Ex Tropical Cyclone, we had waves that are quite unexpected in these parts. And that put a smile on the boys faces....

They were dunked, thrown, dragged and pulled about the Ocean, and they continued to go back for more. As parents of adventurous boys we made sure that we attended a beach with Lifeguards and that the boys continually swam between the flags....

                                   SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST

Heading home after an afternoon of fun

Lucky for us, our Summers here in Mackay are much longer then our Winters thank goodness so we are able to enjoy days like these quite often. However we have to be careful as Summer is unfortunately our high risk season for stingers and more often then not, our beaches are not safe enough to swim in between the months of September to March. We also need to be aware of Salt Water Crocodiles as well as Sharks lucky aren't we Oh well, I guess no matter where you live we all have things that we need to look out for, and if we take the right precautions and are safe then we can enjoy the wonderful things that our Country has to offer....

Relaxed

I am looking forward to spending more lazy days like these with my family, and no matter how much of a struggle it can be sometimes to get the boys motivated and out the door, I know that once they get to where we are headed, they always have the time of their lives....
After all mother always knows best :)


Linking up with the gorgeous Grace for the first #FYBF for 2013

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful part of Australia you live in Xx I have to agree & cheer you on in winning the battle with making the boys head down to the beach with you & declaring a tech free arvo : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you know how to have fun and still stay practical! Love the photos. Looks like a beautiful part of the world :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beach too, but unfortunately my daughter doesn't, so it's always a big effort to get her to come along too. How can anyone not love the beach!!??

    ReplyDelete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...