26 Jan 2015

MONDAY MUNCHIES - Oven Baked Onion Rings


OVEN BAKED ONION RINGS

I've been finding my way back into the kitchen of late, and actually enjoying it.
This week I found myself with an abundance of large onions, nice and cheap, I went a little overboard and bought more than usual.


The other day while flipping through Pinterest, I came across a pin of homemade onion rings and that became all I thought about.
Food...always on my mind, and how to please a multitude of peeps.


INGREDIENTS

* Thickly sliced onions
* Bread crumbs
* All purpose seasoning (or whatever seasoning you prefer)
* Eggs lightly beat
* plain flour
* spray oil

Slice  the onions thickly so that they hold their shape.  Mix the bread crumbs and seasoning to taste (you can change the taste by using different spices every time you make the rings) gently beat the eggs and fill a small bowl with flour.
Dip the onion into flour then the egg, followed by generously coating in bread in crumbs. Place into an oven proof dish layered with baking paper. Once the onion is all coated and placed into dish, lightly spray with cooking oil and bake at 200 degrees until golden brown.




Even though these onion rings are not deep fried, they are still crunchy and delicious and much healthier. They were actually devoured very quickly here, I have had another win in the kitchen.



Enjoy
beck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...