22 Jan 2015

IT'S ALMOST TIME


So this time next week I will be cursing that we didn't  get back into "school routine" sooner.
As usual, late nights and lazy mornings become a ritual around here during the holidays and that does not bode well for an easy transition..

When the boys were younger, we stuck to a strict routine, ALWAYS. Now, we throw caution to the wind and live on a whim.
Well during the holidays anyway.
But, as the return to school rares it's ugly head, so do the early mornings, the lunchbox prep and the homework fights.......



Sigh, I am so NOT ready

Yesterday we did the "back to school" shopping, the first of many dreaded days of a new year.
It was mayhem....
Kids screaming, mums shoving, and dads, well as per most years were hardly in sight. They are a breed in distinction when it comes to school prep.

First stop, the dreaded shoe shop. They say girls are undecided when faced with a choice. HOLY COW boys..... Just pick a pair of darn shoes.

Our uniforms have changed this year, not only do the students have an everyday uniform, but a formal one as well, which is going to bring about a whole new struggle. My boys don't take to change easily, and the formal shirts, I just wont go there !




Over the years, I have always "followed" the book lists to the letter, always getting everything required, only to have unused items sent home EVERY year. Are you kidding me ?
Finally last year, I started to buy just the basics, if and when the teachers said an item was needed, I purchased said item then. I don't like waste in any form.

Rulers, it took us three different shops before we were able to find the regulation wood or plastic rules, what's going on there ? Is there a shortage this year ?

And finely haircuts, although I could only convince one of my teens that a haircut was necessary.


So as another school year beckons, I am asking....

Why did the holidays go by so fast ?

beck xx






FIVE PLANTS THAT HELP TO REPEL MOZZIES

Summer is just around the corner bringing with it long lazy days by the pool, backyard BBQ's with family and friends and the return of ...