3 May 2013

Flashback Friday - ROXETTE - The Sound Track To My Youth

                                               Hello you fool I love you !

For today's Flashback Friday I'm heading back to the 90's, re-living my teens and the band that had me and much of the world in a frenzy at the time........

                                                         ROXETTE



The band, a Swedish pop duo consisting of Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle, formed back in 1986 and became a world wide hit when they released their breakthrough album "Look Sharpe".

Their songs became the "anthems" of the early 90's and you could not turn on the radio without hearing the duo's hits. Listen to Your Heart, Dressed for Success and the ever popular The Look. They were the songs of my early teens and the idols of my time !

Marie was responsible for me chopping off my long locks. And Per, well I thought he was a God lol.......

On December 7th 1991, I was lucky enough to attend "The Joy Ride". The world tour that took Australia and the entire World by storm. It was the first concert that my then boyfriend / now husband attended together.
It defiantly took us on a "Joy Ride".
Much to our excitement, we even made it onto the recorded "video" now that is showing my age that was filmed as part of the tour at the Sydney Entertainment Center. Our sons have had a giggle or two over the years when we have played it to show them that Mum and Dad are "Rock Stars" in their own right LOL........



(Unfortunately I have been unable to find any photos of us all dressed up in our 90's " Rock Star" finery).

So you can imagine my excitement when I found out that Roxette were on their way back to rock our shores last year. I was determined to be there, I wanted Hubby and I to relive a wonderful memory from many years past.

And so on Valentines Day 2012, 21 years later at the Brisbane Entertainment Center, we got to relive that wonderful memory when we attended our second Roxette concert.

Our 2012 V.I.P Passes


It was like stepping back in time, we were teens again. The songs were a sound track to our youth.
It was most likely the last time we will ever get to see Roxette live, but the memories are ours to cherish for as long as we live.


A concert "selfie" to cherish 2012

Linking up with the ever lovely Cathy for another Flashback Friday Enjoy your Friday everyone !
                                     





9 comments:

  1. Wow - I want to see you on the recorded video!! Yes I remember Roxette well. Awesome that you got to see them again in 2012. It's amazing how music can take you back to a certain time in your life :-) Min xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were able to pick us out in the video immediately thanks to the hot pink number I was wearing : )

      Delete
  2. I loved Roxette! Never got to see them in concert but their music instantly brings back memories :) So glad you and hubby got to see them a second time - that is a great photo from the concert! I'm now going to have Roxette ringing in my ears as I finish packing ;) Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, I love that photo to ! We had such a blast reliving our past : )
      Happy packing and moving. And as for having Roxette stuck in your head, it could be a lot worse. Happy Friday xx

      Delete
  3. I loved their songs! So many memories. Not all good unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww so sorry to hear that : (
      Thanks for dropping by huni xx

      Delete
  4. It's awesome that you got to see them twice. I've always liked their songs too. It's especially great to see an act when they are not disappointing live. Glad you enjoyed it, both times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were just as good the second time around, they still had all the moves lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! After reading this post, I'm now singing Roxette tunes in my head. My favourite: "It Must Have Been Love" :-)

    ReplyDelete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...