22 Feb 2016

MONDAY MUNCHIES - Yorkshire Sausages


I'm struggling at the moment to get access to my computer. My sons laptop died big time and with him studying at the moment it means that I forgo the use of mine for his sake. I don't mind since it is his future career we are talking about, but gee its great to blog when I get the chance.

My husbands job pays monthly. While it certainly has its advantages, sometimes the end of the month can be tight if we have had bills due. So end of month meals can be boring, easy and made up of things that we already have in the pantry.

Other wise known as Toad in the Hole, Yorkshire Sausages a traditional English dish consisting of sausages cooked in Yorkshire Pudding batter served with mounds of mashed potato and onion gravy.

My kids love it, and anything served with Yorkshire Pudding is a favourite of mine. Showing off my heritage there.

YORKSHIRE SAUSAGES



INGREDIENTS

* Thick or thin sausages
* 2 tablespoons Olive oil
* 1 Cup of plain flour
* 2 eggs
* Pinch of salt
* 1/2 cup of milk
* 1/2 cup of water

In a large baking dish, grease with the olive oil and place in the sausages. Cook gently in a hot oven until sausages are just cooked through.

While the sausages are baking, make the Yorkshire Pudding batter.

Place flour and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in whole eggs and the milk and water a little at a time. Whisk thoroughly until batter is smooth. Set aside until sausages are ready.

When sausages are nearly done pour over the pudding batter and return to the oven to cook.
The batter will rise and become deliciously golden.


Remove and serve with mash and onion gravy.

Enjoy

beck xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...