21 Aug 2013

Strawberry-Mint Infused Water

As our weather begins to warm up, it is time to ditch the warming hot chocolates, and opt for cooler, refreshing, hydrating drinks to quench our thirst.

I am not a huge fan of drinking plain old water and would much prefer to grab an icy cold glass of diet coke bad Beck, so over the cooler months of Winter I began searching for, and trying out new refreshing, healthy recipes that would encourage me to drink a lot more water.
I came across this simple yet delicious recipe that I immediately fell in love with and know that it will have constant place in my refrigerator this coming Summer.

Strawberry-Mint Infused Water

A punnet of strawberries quartered
As many mint leaves as you like
Water
Ice

That is all !

It has a subtle flavor, its simple, cheap to make and its healthy.
Another flavor that I like is lemon, lime and thyme.
Give them a go and let me know what you think, or if you come up with any more delicious flavors :)




FIVE PLANTS THAT HELP TO REPEL MOZZIES

Summer is just around the corner bringing with it long lazy days by the pool, backyard BBQ's with family and friends and the return of ...