31 Aug 2017

TAKING STOCK - August 2017


Hello there.

So its time for us to bid a fond farewell to August. This year is just flying by isn't it. It feels as though we just welcomed the cooler weather of winter and poof ! Here we are ready to walk on into spring. I have enjoyed this winter immensely. The weather has been absolutely perfect here in north Queensland, so much so that I wish we could have days like these all year round.

Anyway enough chatter about the weather, its time to Take Stock just like Pip did.


Making  progress in our back yard before the heat comes. We have been planting new native plants to attract more birds to our yard, re-planting the veggie patch and making time to clean out our enormous shed. It feels good to be almost on top of it all.
Cooking  some delicious new dishes courtesy of The Annoyed Thyroid and BabyMac
Drinking  coffee, lots of coffee. I have needed more than a kick start in the morning lately.
Reading  some fantastic books lately. Her Perfect Life by Sam Hepburn. Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris. I am really into the crime and thriller books at the moment, tho I did just start The Mummy Bloggers by Holly Wainwright. I let you know what I think about this one when I've finished it.
Wanting  to paint this darn house already but finances just are not allowing it at the moment leaving me very frustrated.
Looking  for books on the 5:2 diet. I have heard great things about it and I am wanting to read up on it to see if it is right for me.
Deciding  on Christmas presents for my boys. Are really at that point of the year already ?
Wishing  winter would last forever.
Enjoying  pottering in the garden and baking biscuits. Guess I'm showing my age now lol.
Waiting  for our dogs to out grow they annoying puppy stage of digging and barking. Grrrr.
Liking  all the spring flowers that are staring to bloom. I really love this time of year. It has to be my favourite.
Wondering  how hot it is really going to get here in Mackay this summer when we are already hitting 27 degrees here in August.
Loving  The Block 2017. I stopped watching the last few seasons. The contestants did nothing for me and it seem to move too far away from the original. This season however has me glued. Much better guys, stick to the winning formula.
Listening  to Busby Marou and of course Pinks new song What About Us  I just love it. What about her speech at the VMA's what a role model and not just for her daughter but for women all around the world.
Considering  cutting my hair again. I know, I know short, long, short. I should just make my mind up hey lol.
Buying  plants, presents, a pom pom maker, food and more food.
Watching  Suits. Why on earth has it taken me so long to watch it ? I mean come on ..... HARVEY !
Hoping  that the rest of the year goes by a little slower.
Cringing  at the state of my wardrobe. I really need to take some time and clean it out.
Needing  to wash my car. Seems nobody else will do it !
Questioning  our government. There is no need to spend all this money on a plebiscite for same sex marriage. Just pass the damn thing and put the money to better use. I don't know how this Country is running with our current government, I really don't.
Wearing  shorts that are way too big for me. I didn't realise how much weight I had lost since last summer. I have a long way to go but the idea of buying some new summer stuff has me slightly excited.


Noticing  just how close my boys really are lately. It warms my heart to see them getting along, spending time together laughing. Makes me think that I have done something right.
Knowing  time is getting closer by the minute until my baby graduates high school. 
Thinking  what maybe next on my horizon once I am no longer a school mum and all that comes along with that.
Admiring  women who know who they are, are successful and have purpose. 
Opening  myself up to new possibilities in life and hoping something good comes along that I can sink my teeth into.
Closing  cupboard doors, wardrobe doors and any darn door behind my husband. Hey mate.... I am not your maid nor your butler. It takes no more strength to close them or open them !
Feeling  a bit lonely lately. 
Dreaming  of a holiday. Its been two years since our last one and we haven't even made it away even for a weekend since.
Hearing  birds singing every morning. Its such a happy way to wake up.


Well there is my August. Did you have a memorable one ? Were you lucky enough to get away ? Did you cook something new and delicious ?

I love hearing about what everyone has been up to. Taking Stock really is a good way to record memories of months, even years gone by. Pip really was onto something when she started this up.

beck xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...