13 Jun 2017

CHANGES ARE HAPPENING


There has been something brewing in the back of my mind for quite a while now. Nothing extravagant unfortunately but something that is going to change the way our household runs right at this moment. Something that is going to require everyone who resides here to get up off their backsides and contribute more than they currently do.

Things are getting real around here much to quickly for my liking. My youngest son is only weeks away from sitting the QCE which means that I am not far off the end of my school mum days. That on its own is something that I am having trouble wrapping my brain around but the biggest thing is knowing there is a HUGE possibility that my baby is leaving home to attend University in Brisbane.

That is 953.6 km away                                                              
A 10 h and 45 min drive
Or a 1 h and 25 min flight

I really don't know how I am going to cope with this. Frankly I would like to bury my head in the sand and pretend that this is not going to happen, but the fact is it is going to happen whether I like it or not and very soon. What is making it very real and almost impossible to ignore is that price tag that is going to come along with helping my son reach his dreams.


I am not a mother who can sit by and watch my sons let go of their dreams. If I can, I will always try my best to make sure that they get as much as possible from this life. My ultimate dream is to make sure that my sons don't miss out, and to help them reach their life goals.

My baby son has a big dream, to attend JMC Academy to do a Bachelor of Film and Television. He has been aiming for this for the past few years and now it is within his grasp.


The dream, it comes with a hefty price tag, and so after much thought and weighing all the pros and cons up carefully, I have decided to try and re enter the work force.

On Thursday my Resume went out to all the available jobs that I am qualified for and now we play the waiting game with baited breath and nervous twitches with every ring of the phone. I do hope that it wont be long before someone takes a chance on me, that they at least give me the chance to Interview and that I haven't put myself out there nervously for nothing.

Fingers crossed

beck xx

Linking up with Kylie for this weeks IBOT

8 comments:

  1. Oh best of luck with this. It is wonderful that you are doing what so many of us do..sacrifice for our kids. That's a marvellous ambition for him too. I thought there might be some kind of fee help though. My Granddaughter had a gap year after HSC and is now in Australian Film television and Radio School (AFTRS) and even though initially she thought it was something she'd like to do relating to being a drama student, she is now into film-making. She has a HECS type loan for this course. I wish you and your son all the very best! Denyse #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denyse ☺️ He will be able to get a HECS loan for the four years of study but not for living expenses. Even living on campus has to be paid up each semester. I hope your Granddaughter is enjoying her studies

      Delete
  2. Oh good luck, Beck!!! That is such a big move and a big change for your household, but it will be awesome. You're such a wonderful mum. The Bachelor of Film and TV sounds awesome. I considered that course when I went to uni :)Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Renee. It will be a huge change but we will make it happen one way or another x

      Delete
  3. Oh wishing you the best of luck getting a job and best of luck to your son in his exams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in the job hunt. Studying away from home is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO expensive. It's times like this I wished we lived closer to Brisbane. Never mind, we mums do what we gotta do for our kids xx

      Delete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...