31 Mar 2017

CYCLONE DEBBIE THE AFTERMATH


North Queensland.
Beautiful one day. Shattered the next.

Cyclone Debbie,
She came, she roared, she left behind her a devastating path of destruction.

Our region has been flattened and will feel it for many months to come. The Whitsunday Islands, Airlie Beach and Bowen, I have no words. Battered beyond belief, now unrecognisable. One of Australia's most beautiful destinations beaten to within an inch of its life, it is going to take months to rebuild what was.
The farmers, they have lost everything. An industry that is already struggling is now so broken it will take an army of support to help bring them back to life. I am devastated for everyone who has been affected.
In comparison we got off lightly. Our lively hood was not stripped from us and our home is still standing just as before. We also avoided any flooding. We did loose part of  a fence and part of our beautiful tree, but our family is safe and truly that is all that matters.









 As you can see from the photos above, we live next to a pathway and the part of our fence that collapsed under the pressure of Cyclone Debbie gave the public direct access to our pool. Understandably it caused us quite a lot of concern. Since the direct passing of the cyclone, my husband Dan has worked tirelessly in all matter of weather to fix our fence for the safety others. I thank him from the bottom of my heart for all his hard work.




I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for checking in with us to make sure that our family was safe. I received phone calls, text messages and so much Instagram and Facebook love that tears were inevitable. Many of you who sent messages of well wishes, love and support I have yet had the chance to meet. It truly made me realise what a fantastic community I have found with all of you.

Thank you again
beck xx

Linking up with the gorgeous SAMMI  for THE ULTIMATE RABBIT HOLE

10 comments:

  1. It looks and sounded terrifying. I am glad you are safe . It will take so much to rectify the devastation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful Trish. So glad that no one was seriously injured. xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so pleased you and everyone in the community are safe. I know how devasating damage and loss of property and livelihoods can be, but at the end of the day everything is replaceable except life itself. Good on Dan for getting the fence back up. If it was my husband, I'd still be waiting for the fence to be fixed when the next cyclone rolled around! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL if the pool wasn't exposed to the public I wouldn't have a fence either 😂😂😂

      Delete
  3. So glad you've come through fairly unscathed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrifying for everyone up north. I hope everyone gets the support they need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the response has been amazing, I hope to continues that way for those who were in the line of fire

      Delete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...