2 Apr 2013

Easter Cake Recipe...An Overload Of Chocolaty Goodness

Who doesn't like chocolate ? I know I do. So I guess that is why Easter is one of my favorite holidays. As a treat this year, I decided to bake my family a delicious chocolate cake and decorate it with a multitude of Easter Eggs, and a splash of delicious Persian Fairy Floss........

As you can imagine
It was a hit 

So I have decided to share with you my yummy chocolate cake recipe that thankfully never fails to bring a smile to my boys faces :)

EASY CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 cup self raising flour
3 tablespoons of cocoa
250g of butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence 
2 eggs

ICING

1 cup of sifted icing sugar
1 teaspoon of sifted cocoa
Dash of milk
2 teaspoons of soften butter

METHOD

In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, vanilla essence and melted butter. Add eggs and mix together till mixture is smooth and glossy.
Pour into a greased and lined round cake tin and bake in oven for 25-30 minutes at 160 deg.

For the icing.
Gently mix together all icing ingredients and ice the cake once it has cooled.

Decorate as you wish 


Be warned !!
Cake WILL make you hyper with the overload of chocolaty goodness
Approach with caution !!

Happily linking up with Jess for another fun filled IBOT 

CHICKEN PARM MEATBALL SKILLET

Its that time of year again where you look for and crave comfort food. Not only does the consuming of such foods warm the body and the soul...