26 Feb 2018

AROUND HERE LATELY



Well hello there....

It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of you would completely understand and I thank you for hanging in there and offering all kinds of support. I have gained so much strength through my on line friendly community and the words Thank you just don't seem enough.

These past few months have been a crazy whirl wind around here.

January came hurtling towards us at great speed with a couple of birthdays to celebrate. The biggest being that the baby of our family turned 18.


How does one even begin to comprehend the reality of their youngest child turning eighteen ? I cried rivers of tears leading up to this day. Its true when they say that the days are long but the years are short. I am still trying to wrap my head around how quickly we got to this point already. All four of my sons grown up and needing me less and less. This statement may not be completely true, I know that to some point we all still  need our parents no matter how grown up we are, it just feels this way for me right now I guess.


Not only did January mean that my baby boy was now indeed a man, it also bought with it the news that he had been accepted into University, and not any University but one that would take him to Brisbane. It was time for this kid of mine to begin his life's journey....



I am not going to lie. My head and my heart were a jumble of emotions. So proud that he had got into the University and course of his choice, but heartbroken that it was to take him so far away from home. Today as I hit publish on this post he is attending his very first day of University, the start of working his way through three years of study that will ultimately see him become an Advertising Photographer.


January was also the month that we picked up our new car.


February was needed to try and relax a bit before my husband returned to work after almost four months off since our accident. That has also been a huge adjustment, but as each day passes and we start to get back to normal life, we realise more and more how blessed we are to still be here.


A QUICK UPDATE
We still have many scans and appointments to attend for our son 
but thankfully he is beginning to heal and Doctors are
very pleased with his progress so far.
As parents, this has been one of the hardest times of our lives.
But we are so blessed with how his healing has gone. He is a strong young man
and if he can get through what he has over the past few months
we know that he can overcome anything that life throws at him.

I am recovering more each day physically, 
its been a long hard road, but with each passing day
I getting stronger.
Emotionally it is going to be a long precess
but I am determined to overcome this awful accident no matter what it takes.

My husband is doing well.
He may not have had as much physical things to overcome
but emotionally he was struck down too which is to be expected.
He has been such a rock for me 
and without him I wouldn't be where I am today.



Linking up with Denyse for #LIFETHISWEEK











No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...