25 Nov 2015

WHITE RIBBON DAY


Today is white ribbon day.
An international day to raise awareness and prevention in the violence against women.


As I write this I am wiping tears from my eyes, my heart is beating fast, and although calming, my sadness and rage is still quite raw.

I just now finished reading A Mothers Story by Rosie Batty.

I can't even begin to imagine what Rosie, and women just like her go through on a daily basis. The constant fear of what's next, never knowing if they or their children are about to take their last breathe. It sickens me to the core.

I am one of the lucky ones. Growing up in a violent free environment, now married to a wonderful kind and gentle man. Never have I lived in fear. As I said, I am one of the lucky ones.

When I became the mother to four sons, I made it my life's mission to teach my sons right from wrong. To respect all women, to be kind and gentle, to never raise a hand with the intent to strike. To choose their words carefully before they speak and to remember that emotional abuse is just as bad, if not more damaging in some cases then physical violence.
If I have done my job well, and my sons take these values with them into their future, then I know in my heart I have raised them well.

Life Line   131144

Australia - NATIONAL 
1800 RESPECT (1800737732)

www.1800respect.org.au

NEVER ALONE Luke Batty Foundation

Www.neveralone.com.au

Helping women and children affected by the trauma of family violence.


Today, on white ribbon day, I wish to send an angel out to those who are in need.

RIP Luke Batty

No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...