13 Nov 2015

ITS ALMOST TIME...


It's the most wonderful time of the year....



When I was a child, the appearance of Christmas decorations in store and the playing of carols would ignite my childhood excitement.
There is nothing quite like the sparkle from a child that believes in Santa Clause and the magic of Christmas. Infectious happiness that invokes huge belly laughs and smiles that stretch from ear to ear.


Thinking back to when I was small, my mum was the Christmas queen, putting lunch on for all the family, and when I say all the family, I mean thirty plus bodies crammed into our Western Sydney home with no air conditioning and the full hot traditional lunch to boot. It was the norm and I thought nothing of it.
Fast forward some ahem thirty something years, and it's now my turn to woo the family with the Christmas feast. I am that child who would watch Christmas unfold before my eyes like magic, not realising how much work my mum really put in. That little girl is now someone who freaks out at the sight of decorations appearing in stores, turns into a raving lunatic when carols begin to play, and a woman who for the most part of the year runs a tight ship falls apart when she realises that Christmas is almost here and she hasn't bought or planned a darn thing !
Every year once it's is all done and dusted I give myself a swift talking too, that next year I will be organised, that next year I will start early, yet every year I let myself down time and time again.

However even though it seems as though I am running out of time fast, and it seems as though nothing will come together in time. I always manage to figure it all out. I would never disappoint my boys for the world, and Christmas is a tradition that we as a family adore. It is a time of togetherness, and cheer. A time to be thankful for the year that has past, and what is still before us. It is a time to reflect and just be as a family. It is my most favourite time of the year, and even though it keeps me ever so busy and leaves me exhausted, I wouldn't change a single thing, because deep down inside, I am still that little girl that believes in the magic of Christmas.



Linking up for FYBF with the gorgeous Grace of With Some Grace
Linking up for WEEKEND REWIND with the beautiful Sonia of  Life Love And Hiccups

beck xx



10 comments:

  1. Ahh Christmas. It was so much more fun as a kid wasn't it? My Mum was a whizz like yours. She put on a big gala event for ALL the family (extended family - cousins, aunts etc). She still has it at her place but not extended family anymore and rightly so because Mum is now 74. I must admit to getting stressed by Christmas these days. So much expense on gifts. Terrible humid heat. Two families to please in one day. Exhaustion. I really need to try and enjoy it more! Thanks for the reminder! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great Christmas this year Min. The heat and the stress gets to me as well. It's hard to please everyone sometimes xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I love Christmas so hard! It's funny because I was thinking just the same thing the other day, that we love the magic of it, but when we think of all the work that we do behind the scenes, it's actually an epic achievement to pull Christmas off every year. But it's always worth it in the end, right?! Bring it on, that's what I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always worth it in the end. Christmas is my favourite time of the year xx

      Delete
  3. I had my first panic last night hun when I realised I have done nothing... NOTHING to even begin to organise Christmas for this year. I may be panicking even more now lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL sorry sweetie. But I'm in the same boat to. Done nothing : /

      Delete
  4. We'll be overseas this year for Christmas! I can't wait! I'm sure you'll be a great hostess! Just remember to put your feet up and take a nice long break on Boxing Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, will do. Hope you and your family have a beautiful Christmas xx

      Delete
  5. I wish Father Christmas was real....getting old sucks. All this present hiding and what to buy. You'll be great. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss my kids believing in Santa, sad they have to grow up x

      Delete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...