16 Nov 2015

MONDAY MUNCHIES - Salad Sides


Its getting hot around these parts, and cooking a hot  meal every night is not high on my agenda. So whether the family likes it or not, salad season has hit and I am enjoying every minute of it.

I love a good old "normal" salad. Lettuce, tomato, cucumber etc. But the boys tend to find that boring and not so "filling" so even though on busy days they are served this during Summer, I need to make the effort to entice them to eat more salads.

Over the weekend, I trotted out a delicious Coleslaw and Salsa. They were a hit, and will be on high rotation  over the Summer break this year....

COLESLAW


Cabbage, carrot, onion, celery and beetroot. Finally slice/shred all the raw vegetables and place into a large bowl.

SOUR CREAM DRESSING

* 1/2 cup of sour cream
* 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt


Combine all the ingredients of the dressing in a bowl, and using a whisk, combine well.

Pour over coleslaw and toss lightly to combine.


SUMMER SALSA


Dice cucumber, tomato and avocado and place into a large bowl. Add corn kernels and a tin of chick peas. Stir well to combine.


Two easy peasy salads that are so quick and simple to whip up even at a moments notice.
I served them with marinated chicken wings, slow cooked pulled pork and tortillas.



I hope every on had a wonderful weekend.

Enjoy

beck xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...