27 May 2015

TEARS


As a child, when I pictured motherhood, I thought of pigtails and tutus. All things pink and sparkly. 
I never once thought of myself as a mother of boys. I don't know why, it just never crossed my mind. I just couldn't picture myself amongst sweaty sports, smelly socks, skate boards and dirt, SO MUCH DIRT !

But here I am a mother to four fabulous and I wouldn't change a thing.

Sure, there are days when I still ache for the daughter that will never be, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. My lot in life was dedicated to raise caring, well mannered, well balanced men, and to be honest even though we have "our moments" I think I've done a pretty good job so far.

A lot has happened over the past few weeks. 

Finally after months of applying and getting knock back after knock back, my oldest son got a job. He starts Monday, I'm so proud of how he has conducted himself over the past few months, and I am ever so thankful that his time of unemployment has ended.

This crazy kid, teen number three turned seventeen.


 I still quite can't believe it. Seems only yesterday this kid was making mud pies and bringing them inside to show me his "dinner" currently studying grade twelve, he is "finally" finding his way through his English class and passing.

And finally, the biggest news of all, one I've been trying to ignore. My second son is moving out of home THIS WEEKEND I'm totally not ready.


I've been a bit teary, watching all the photos of new mums bringing their tiny bundles home from hospital on Instagram while I am preparing to send mine off into the big wide world has hit home more than once this week. If only I could talk him into staying a bit longer.......

I have been consoling myself with these.



Naughty Beck !

I will be spending next week sorting out a few rooms, cooking some more in my fabulous new pressure cooker, and pouring myself into some DIY. 


6 comments:

  1. Oh hun... I am teary just reading this. You are a few years ahead of me on your parenting journey but I too get weepy at all the beautiful bubbas I am seeing and I cant help but long for a girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it's hard! I don't want to even imagine Jake leaving home. He's my one and only. If you've gotten this far I would say you've done a great job. BIG {{{HUGS}}} TO YOU

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO hard Leigh, i wish I could keep them with me forever. xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, big changes. But you know what? You are going to be the best mother in law ever! My own mil never had a daughter and has been awesome to me since day one. I just know that you're going to be the same! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A www thank you Ana. Your such a sweetheart xx

      Delete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...