18 May 2015

MONDAY MUNCHIES - Slow Cooked Lamb Shoulder



SLOW COOKED LAMB SHOULDER



Cool weather brings the need for delicious comfort food, and there is nothing better then sitting down to a Sunday family roast. The smells and warmth coming from our kitchen yesterday were simply the best and the result delicious. Even if I do say so myself.

This was my first attempt at slow cooking a lamb shoulder, but it wont be the last.....


*Lamb shoulder
*Brown sugar
*Garlic
*Onion
*Red wine
*Rosemary
*Salt and pepper
*Olive oil



Preheat the oven to 260 degrees

First I rubbed the lamb all over with a good amount of brown sugar, then I deeply scored the skin of the lamb filling the cuts with garlic and rosemary then setting aside at room temperature for half an hour.



Next in a deep baking dish, I placed long stems of rosemary, halved garlic bulbs and quartered onions, topping it off with at least two cups of good red wine.



Place the lamb in the dish. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil, and cover tightly with foil.
Place lamb in the oven and turn the temperature down to 140 degrees and bake slowly for 4/5 hours.

When the lamb is done it should fall easily from the bone.


Serve with all the trimmings, golden Yorkshire pudding and crunchy potatoes.



beck xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...