5 Apr 2013

Dazed and Confused

I've been sitting on the edge of my seat today wondering whether or not to hit the small orange publish button that glares at me from the top right hand corner of my screen, and send this post out into the blogging sphere.
I guess if you are reading it, then in the end I went ahead and published my post letting you all in on my thoughts.

See, today I am confessing something and it may not be the right thing to do. Especially here where so many awesome bloggers who know what they are doing might read this post and realise just how "dazed and confused" I really am.



I came back from DPCon full of awe, full of wonder. The workshops were amazing, and I came away with so much helpful information that it really has taken me a little while to process it all.
Besides the mind blowing information, the highlight for me was meeting each and everyone of the beautiful bloggers. All of them from many different walks of life, all with powerful messages and both beautiful and heart wrenching stories. All writing about their journeys in their own way on their inspiring blogs.
From travel, food and fashion to parent bloggers (sorry if I have left out your niche) I was inspired by all.

I came away from the conference feeling all pumped up about new changes that I wanted to make to Crafty, ideas of a new direction.
But now, after processing my brain full of information, and sorting through these ideas, I am not really convinced that these changes are right for me.

I know Crafty is a teeny tiny blog that doesn't gain all that much attention, but I am fine with that.
I know that my writing skills are too conversational and may not connect with many, but that's my way and I am fine with that too.
This blog is me, it's mine, and to be honest I really do not have the capabilities that some do to take this much further then where it is now. I am happy to plod along in my own little part of the blogging world, just as I am.

I am being honest.

I am scared of change, I am scared of failure, I am scared of stuffing things up. I guess I am scared of being scared. And without the knowledge, I am scared of putting myself out there anymore then I already am.
It has been hard since returning from Sydney. I feel as though I should be expecting more of myself and my blogging journey. That I should be setting my sights on a bigger piece of the action, that I should be more on top of things.
But that is not me. I've come to the conclusion that I may not have what it takes to be anymore, that this is it, this is me !

Nobody has made me feel this way. Nobody has made me feel less then I am. It is all me and how I feel. So Crafty is just going to plod along in the same way as usual until maybe one day the sun may rise and all this technology might "click" within me and I will fly like never before.

Sharing my inner thoughts this Friday with the lovely Grace on FYBF

DIY QUICK & EASY WALL ART - TWO WAYS !

With Spring in the air, it seems as though I have my craft and diy mojo back. FINALLY ! I have no idea where it went, maybe it was jus...