Some days you wake up and all is right with the world. The sun is shining, birds are singing, the coffee is good and the house is clean and tidy. It's days like this when you just know that your in for a fabulous day.
But there are other days, days when you wake up with a mild headache that threatens to turn into a whopper of a migraine, the coffee tastes like dish water, your running late and the kids haven't let up since their feet hit the floor. It's days like these when you wish you could roll over and stay in bed.
We all have off days, days when we have no choice but to soldier on and face the battle, but there are a few small things that we can do to brighten even our darkest days. Simple things that wont be a cure for the blues, but might just bring a smile to our face and make us feel happier for even the slightest moment.
* Set your alarm 15 minutes earlier and go for a gentle morning walk. Breathe in the fresh air and try to clear your mind. Try to forget what is waiting back at home/work for you.
* Read a good novel, even if its only one chapter. Books can take you away from the every day life.
* Keep journal and write down your thoughts.
* Pop some corn and put on your favourite movie.
* Try to expect less of yourself. The washing and cleaning will be there tomorrow. Give yourself a break now an then to take care of you.
* Buy yourself a beautiful bunch of flowers.
* Light some sweet smelling candles.
* Spend some one on one time with your partner.
* Hug your family, this is by far the best way to brighten your day. Love and be loved by the special people in your life.
You most likely will be able to come up with many more ways to brighten your day, but these are just a few of my favourite things that can give you a kick start. There are so many simple pleasures out there for us to enjoy. We just need to give ourselves the permission to take time out and enjoy them.
What are some ways that you relax to brighten even the dullest of days ?