20 Feb 2013

I Put Manu First.....One Day I Will Learn

It was my own fault. I let the family eat in the lounge room so that I didn't miss out on watching "My Kitchen Rules".
I love like Manu :)

It happened, what I knew was a possibility, but I decided to remove that niggling thought from the corner of my mind. Manu was on TV after all.
I love like Manu :)

Slow motion......
Darn it, no matter how fast anyone moved, there was no way that it was preventable.


It was a nasty mess
Spaghetti bolognaise all over cream carpet :(

Noooooooo

I lost it

There was absolutely no need to

It was after all my fault. I should know better. I am the parent. But it was time to watch Manu.
I love  like Manu
That is my only defence !

My poor boy, he was like a startled possum, he didn't know what to do, where to go or where to look. I froze and let Hubby take charge, that was miracle a great help while I gathered my thoughts, calmed my state of mind, controlled myself, and went in search of carpet cleaner.

It wasn't my son that I was upset with. It was myself. It was completely and utterly NO fault of his, which I did explain to him when I calmed down (for the record, I never yelled or screamed at him, I just kind of froze and turned a lovely shade of purple) I was totally wild at myself for allowing my wants and needs to come above all else. I was selfish and self obsessed.

One day I will learn to think before I react, I will breathe and count to three before blowing things out of proportion. It is only carpet after all even though I am still battling with the stain and many times over, things like this will happen in life........

I made a mistake, I said sorry.
But did I learn my lesson ?
No....

We continued to eat in front of the TV.                                        

Can you blame me ?
It was after all Manu :)




CHICKEN PARM MEATBALL SKILLET

Its that time of year again where you look for and crave comfort food. Not only does the consuming of such foods warm the body and the soul...