8 Feb 2013

A Photo Board, An Angry Bird and a Quilt...

This year I vowed to get my lazy butt into gear and get my craft mojo back. It's been missing of late and it's irritated me more than you could ever imagine. I never use to be without a project on the go. Now, thanks to some lovely creative ladies and their inspiring blogs, a little bit of thought and planning on my part, and a whole lot of mess on my kitchen table, it seems that I am back in the swing of things creating left right and center with a few hits and misses thrown in for a laugh along the way.

The first project that I decided to try my hand at turned out to be nothing short of a disaster. Well not a total disaster, more of a giggle. And yes I would say my crafty "miss" of the week :)
If you have read my post about my Owl collection Find it here you will know that I just love my little collection of Owls and dislike one somewhat  So after finding a pattern for a gorgeous fabric Owl, I gave it a go .....

WHAT THE....            

It looks more like a rabid angry bird ! Oh the giggles that came from my boys were infectious. There was no way that I could look at this Owl or whatever it is without falling into fits of laughter myself.
I actually have it's mate cut out in preparation to be made, but I do believe that one of these creatures around the house is enough .

My second project this week was much more successful. I have wanted a fabric photo board for a while now and figured that instead of purchasing one, it would be a lot more fun to make it.
The result is one that I am really happy with.

And I think that I will make another for myself and maybe one for my mum for her birthday.......

So yes, I am pleased to say that I am slowly getting my crafting mojo back.

I am at the moment in the beginning stages of creating my very first quilt. I feel a little daunted at the process, but if I take my time, I am sure that it will turn out just fine.

 Fingers crossed.

Linking up with the lovely Grace for FYBF






CHICKEN PARM MEATBALL SKILLET

Its that time of year again where you look for and crave comfort food. Not only does the consuming of such foods warm the body and the soul...