13 Jan 2013

Things That Made Me Smile - WK2

Its Sunday, and here I am again rehashing my week and what made me smile.

To be honest with everything that went on this busy weekend, I nearly let writing this post slip by until the morning. Two birthdays were celebrated, and we had a lovely family visit from Mr Crafty's parents, but with a slight mishap to end such a fine weekend, I felt the need to go ahead and write......

This week, the things that bought a smile to my face were......


  • A sleep in on Monday morning (a rare delight)
  • The added family member, Charlie the bird
  • Listening to my sons have a laugh and genuinely getting along together
  • The start of my first craft project for 2013
  • Hearing my 14yr old's serious discussion on why Mum and Dad should continue to buy his phone credit even though he now has a part time job (I am saving up for a car that costs $75000 you know Mum)
  • The text from my eldest to let me know that he had safely arrived at his destination 
  • Watching the pure joy and excitement of my youngest son opening his 13th birthday presents

Precious memories that I will hold close to my heart and that will always bring a smile to my face.

What made you smile this week ??

I hope everyone had a wonderful week, and at least one thing happened to make you smile.

CHICKEN PARM MEATBALL SKILLET

Its that time of year again where you look for and crave comfort food. Not only does the consuming of such foods warm the body and the soul...