11 Jan 2013

It's Almost GO Time

It's a wonderful feeling to sit back and do nothing but listen to the happy banter of your children. Happiness amongst siblings does not always come easy, so when the mood strikes my boys to "get along", laugh and just generally enjoy each others company, it sends tingles of happiness up my spine and at that moment all seems right with the world....

Thankfully these school holidays have been quite enjoyable, yes the boys have had their moments they wouldn't be "normal" if they didn't but all in all its been quite a peaceful and entertaining break.

So far this Summer we have been lucky enough to spend quite a fair bit of time together, and it's been a wonderful happy time.
Fishing, swimming and just general family time, have given us lots of laughs and memories to look back on. It has been special and uplifting.

"Sigh" I am actually dreading the return to school.

I love being organised. I love my "to do" lists and I like to feel "in control" with what is happening around me, but as the boys grow older, I have come to realise that spending precious time with them is much more important. The house is clean (I can NOT stand filth) but I have come to understand that bits and pieces laying around and a few dirty dishes on the sink will NOT end the world......
 Unfortunately, with the return to school almost upon us, and all the activities that come along with it, it means that we are about to loose our lazy morning starts to our days, and our casual dinner times that seem to come so free and easy when the boys are home. It's almost time for us to be on the move again.

It's almost GO time.

It is almost time to break open a new diary, my "to do" list is about to make its come back, the lazy days of Summer school holidays are almost over and I am beginning to hear the house sigh and call out for me to bring some organisation back within its walls.                
                                                                       
The cushions are tired of living on the floor, and the fridge just wants to be closed for more than a few minutes at a time. The PS3 is over heated I'm sure, and the togs and beach towels would like to know the feeling of being dry again.

It's time for reality to set in and get back into some sort of routine, gather our bits and pieces and return to normal, after all a tidy, functional home is the basis of a calm organised family, and that is just the way I like it.

Linking up With Some Grace for the fabulous FYBF


9 comments:

  1. snap! Today is go day for us.. getting organised and the house back into some type of order!! I wish you luck!!

    fybf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you to :) It is hard getting back into a routine but once its accomplished its always a great feeling....thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. I hear ya. Usually I'm not very motivated during this time of year but somehow this year seems a little different. With the boys already back at daycare, we're slowly getting back into our routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting motivated at this time of year is hard for me to. I need to give myself a good swift kick up the butt to get me started but once I do I mean business :)

      Delete
  3. I'm holding out until next week before we snap back into routine, but yes - I am looking forward to it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck :) and thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. My eldest is starting school this year and so I'm freaking about the whole have to be there at certain time morning and arvo!!! But I'm a sucker for routines so I'll get it sorted.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww good luck to you and your baby, its a magical time when the first child starts school xx

      Delete
  5. My routine is completely out of the window as we have family visiting at the moment, but once the terms get started again I will feel a but more in control too (I hope).

    ReplyDelete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...