22 Aug 2013

Teens And Man Flu

At what stage did your teenage sons discover man flu ?



My four seem to have discovered it at various times, one I think was born with the knowledge of man flu. It seems from the moment he got his first belly ache the world was going to end, and this has since progressed into full blown man flu like no other that I have ever known to exist.
The other three are 'victims' as well of course but with less severity, although the older they get, I am sure that they will discover the ways of the man and use it to full advantage.....I sympathise with their future wives.

I am of course such a lucky woman {insert sarcastic laugh here} with a house of five males, I am bombarded with different levels of male 'helplessness' at an alarming rate. It's no wonder that at times I feel as though I am loosing my mind.

If you find yourself in a similar position to me, and at one time or another you have been surrounded by the dreaded symptoms of man flu.  DO NOT PANIC you are not alone, and believe me, they will survive  

                           providing that you do not hit them over the head with a piece of 4 x 2

It's quite sad really being witness to such helplessness. Seeing such big strapping boys crumble at the first sign of a cold, instantly reverting back to their youth when nothing but a mothers full attention was required. Why is it that when a male is sick they expect the whole world to revolve around just them ? Why are they unable to carry on with their everyday duties ? Women have no choice, it is very rare that a woman will receive the same loving care and attention from the males in her life.

At this point in time, I am trying to survive both a husband and one of my teens going through the woes of man flu nothing I am doing for them is right. Typical really, but as I am sure that any woman is aware of, no matter how demanding the men in our lives may be, the man flu brings out a whole other side to our men and its sure not pretty.........



Do you have any tips on coping with man flu ?
Have your teenage boys discovered it yet, or are you still living in hope that they will not be cursed ?

Frankly from what I have noticed over the years, men do not sneeze or cough any different from women, it's just that men lack the coping mechanisms to keep them away from deaths door !






No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...