15 Aug 2013

Liebster Award

   When I started blogging just a little over a year ago, I opened myself up to a world full of inspiration, life lessons and wonderful friendships.
The inspirational blogs that I have come to know and love have made me laugh out loud, cry rivers of tears and have helped me to over come some personal hurdles.

In comparison to these, my blog is small, sometimes insignificant, crazy, and most of all full of useless ramblings. But I enjoy writing and my small space has become a place of immense joy for me. 

So imagine my utter astonishment when the gorgeous Bec of mummatells nominated me for a Liebster Award. 

The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is for the 'up and coming' bloggers, the small guys (yep that's me) who are just starting out on their bloggy journey.

There are a few teeny tiny rules that apply if you are to participate, but all in all it's just a bit of fun 

*You have to answer 11 questions of your nominator's choosing.
*Write a list of 11 things that tell others a little bit more about you.
*Write your own list of 11 questions for 11 'up and coming' bloggers of your choice.

It's that easy :)


If any character from a novel could be your best friend, who would you want it to be and why? 
Willy Wonker, so he could keep me happy with my addiction to chocolate !

Brights or pastels?
Brights, colour makes me happy :)

What is the last thing you ate?
Toast and Vegemite

It's your birthday, what's for dessert?
Has to be cheesecake :)

Which is your favourite season?
I am a Spring/Summer gal. I love sunshine.

What is your favourite social network?
I am addicted to Instagram and Pinterest

Coffee, tea or neither?
I am both a coffee and tea drinker. I am likely to have a few cups of both during the day

What is the most unusual gift you have ever received?
For my first Mothers day, I received a can opener LOL

Driver or passenger?
Driver, I like to be in control

What, if anything is under your bed?
Boxes and boxes of photos and some of my craft stuff

Look to your left, what are five things you see?
Photos of my boys, an owl, a candle, a paperweight and our home phone

A little bit more about me...

1. I became a Mum for the first time at age 18
2. I was married to my highschool sweetheart 8 months later aged 19
3. In March 2014 we will be married for 20 years
4. Next month is my birthday and I will be 39 years old :(
5. I am slightly very obsessive
6. I never have the same hair cut or colour for more then a year at a time
7. I am currently on a mission to loose weight and get fit, but I have hit a wall with my success
8. I try to avoid being in a huge crowd, but I am working on this
9. A messy, dirty house drives me nuts and I annoy my family with my obsessive cleaning
10. I am never without a book
11. I fall asleep on the couch watching movies without fail

My Liebster Nominees are...

Me, at My Journey-Am I There Yet?
Beck, at Dream Big Live Full
Marleisa, at This is who I am
Lisa, at Mum of Adult Kids
Laura, at All the Etcetera
Becci, at Birdy Num Num
Michelle, at Pinky Poinker Tales From the Mother of Teenagers
Jessica, at Trying Something New
Sim, at Mummy Chaos
Cassandra, at Cass can Sew
Robyn, at Slightly More Depth than A Teaspoon

And my 11 questions for you are...

1. What is the scariest thing you have ever done?
2. Milk, white or dark chocolate?
3. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
4. Two things you always keep in your handbag?
5. What is your dream holiday destination?
6. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
7. What is your one guilty pleasure that you will not give up?
8. What was the last thing that you purchased?
9. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Who in your life has influenced you the most?
11. Your favorite flower?

Have fun and enjoy the process :)

                                                                          




                                                                 


3 comments:

  1. Perfect, Beck! Thank you so much for joining in the fun! We have so much in common - so it's been fun getting to know a little more about you. I'm looking forward to checking out your lovely nominees too... more blogs to follow! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're awesome look how many other blogs you came up with. Which is cool because I'm off to do some reading. Thanks. :-) and CONGRATULATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Beck! I thought I'll come over at your blog to say Hello and Congrats on the award! I just liked your FB page, followed you on G+ and follow some of your boards on Pinterest too! Good luck with your journey through blogging!

    ReplyDelete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...