23 Feb 2016

AROUND HERE


I'm soaking up the air conditioning right now after a marathon day. After copious amounts of rain, the sun is finally shinning and I've been able to attack mount washmore. Someone really needs to invent quality disposable clothes for such weather.


We have again reached the point around here when many things around our home are in need of repair / maintenance, you know how it goes, something small gives in and the rest snowballs until it seems as though your snowed under in hundreds of small and annoying projects.

This week was just one of those weeks.

Taps and a shower head sprung leaks, our EXPENSIVE granite kitchen bench gave way, a toilet seat broke, a door handle fell off and the list goes on. A home is quite like a pair of knickers, they loose their elasticity fall apart all at once.
When you have a husband who often works away, and things that your quite clueless about happen, it can be very frustrating.  Of course I do the best I can, sometimes with teen help but mostly without. This week I am going to write a list, a very long list of everything that needs attention, and hopefully one by one we will tick each and everything off.

I chopped my hair off today. It was just too hot to deal with. Anyway, who doesn't like a fresh new doo ?


I'm most likely late to the party, but this week I discovered Palmaer's Coconut Oil Body Lotion. Oh my goodness I', addicted. The smell alone is delicious but my skin is loving soaking up all the goodness. I highly recommend you run out and buy some.

I am starting to get restless without having any DIY/craft projects on the go at the moment, so I'm keen to get going on this years mess making creative list of projects I hope to share with you. I have yet another long list of things that I am hoping to make, and am very excited about getting back into painting very soon. I just need to set up my creative space in our spare room ! Then I can be as messy creative as I want.



Linking up with Essentially Jess

beck xx



6 comments:

  1. Snap! We seem to be experiencing the same things this week. Everything has gone to pot here too. Plus, I just bought the Palmer's Coconut body lotion. I love how thick it is but it soaks in so well. I hope it cools down for you soon. #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just the best lotion. Hope you having a better week to Renee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the Plamers lotion, but I do know it always sold well in the pharmacies I managed. So sorry that so much has gone wrong around the house for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you lovely. I'm sure everyone has times when things fall apart all at once. Hope the rest of the week goes well for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh our taps have been leaking and it's driving me nuts! Thankfully that's all at the moment.
    Hope you get some craft time soon. It's so frustrating when you have to go without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess. I've got a list of craft/DIYs im itching to do and share xx

      Delete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...