26 Jun 2015

ITS EASY



The days here have been stunning. It seems that after all the rain, we have settled into a comfortable Winter cycle. Cool mornings and evenings, pleasant sunny days with a fresh breeze. It's quickly becoming my favourite time of year as I gain more appreciation for the cooler weather.


The Winter flowers are in bloom, brightening up the flower beds, putting on a glorious show. Masses of colour and happiness to enjoy.


My fur babies are constantly in search for the perfect spot to sun themselves.


It's school holiday time again, and that means NO lunch boxes, lazy mornings and quiet evenings. It's funny, because when the boys were little and needed constant supervision and entertaining, the school holidays seemed to drag on forever. Now they go by in a flash.

I'm still trying to settle on paint colours for the house, it seems to be taking me longer this time to decide on the perfect shades. I guess some things can't be rushed.

I finally made the Milo cake I have been wanting to bake. All I can say is YUMO !
An overload of fudgie goodness that is the perfect accompaniment to a steaming hot cup of tea. You can find the recipe HERE

I've read a couple of books that have really "sucked me in" lately.
The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne & Before I Go by Colleen Oakley
The Ice Twins kept me on the edge of my seat trying to guess the ending. It was recommended to me as a book to read if you enjoyed The Girl On The Train. It's a definite page turner.
Before I go was a sweet read that had me in tears at times. A heartfelt first novel by the author.

Are your gardens full of Wintery blooms ?
Are you for school break ?
What have you been reading lately ?

Happily linking up for this weeks FYBF

beck xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...