19 Mar 2015

ITS NOT ALL HARD WORK




I'm still finding it hard to believe that this year my third son is in grade twelve. This is the third time that we will watch one of our sons struggle with the pressures of study and exams and watch as their schooling years come to an end and they prepare to enter the 'real world'.

But grade twelve is not all doom and gloom. There are many fun activities to counteract the difficult times, and last week the first of many opportunities for those studying to let their hair down and let loose occurred.

It began with "Pi Day" an annual celebration of the mathematical constant. Pi day is observed on March 14th who knew ? and this year the grade twelves celebrated by dressing up as "nerds" and solving mathematical problems. I think the most fun was had by dressing up.



The main highlight of term one though is the annual grade twelve "Mocktail Ball". Held at the Entertainment Center, it is opened to all students currently studying grade twelve in Mackay. A semi formal night which allows the students to have fun and mingle with others that are also under the same pressures as them.





My son had a blast at Mocktail, the night went off without a hitch and all the kids enjoyed letting loose before getting down to the serious side of exams.

I'm so proud of my boy, and even if I do say so myself, I think he looked absolutely handsome.

beck xx


2 comments:

  1. He looks sooo incredibly handsome. Year twelve OMG hold me. It sneaks up on all of us doesnt it hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's scary how quickly it sneaks up, I can't believe we are going through grade 12 as parents for the third time, I want my babies back 😞

      Delete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...