13 Jan 2015

15...



"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again."
_C.S Lewis


Every time I look at the very first photo taken of you, it takes me back to the very first time I held you in my arms. All that squishy baby goodness. Total perfection.




You are our fourth son, adored by your three big brothers. When you came into the world, you made our family complete, my dream of four healthy babes had been realised.




You are growing up into an amazing young man. I couldn't be prouder. You are funny, bright and your smile lights up a room, your laugh contagious.




You were an adventurous kid, exploring, climbing trees, always finding mischief to get into. These days you are more cautious. You are growing up, the years are flying by, fast.




Today you turn 15....
How did that happen ? it seems only yesterday that you were a babe in arms. You are very independent, always have been, but it is now more evident than ever. Sometimes I catch myself looking at you with tears in my eyes wondering what is next for my baby, yes, you will forever be my baby. My little man.




You have a bright future ahead of you my boy. Heading into grade 10 this year, work hard and the world is yours.
Be cautious, but always remember to have fun, life is too short not to.

Happy birthday Benjamin James, may all your dreams come true and you never ever let go of your childhood fairy tales.

mum xx

Linking up with Jess for another week of IBOT :)



6 comments:

  1. What nice look at him growing up. Goodluck with being 15 one of the best and hardest ages of my life I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 15 was a hard age as well. Hopefully he will sail through (fingers crossed)

      Delete
  2. Oh mumma look at that photo of all those small wee precious boys. You did such a good job! Love the new look blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite photos Em. Can't believe it was taken 15 years ago. xx

      Delete
  3. Oh bless... Happy Birthday to your beautiful boy hun and big hugs to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww Happy 15th Birthday to your "baby". Time really flies once you have kids! x Aroha (for #teamIBOT)

    ReplyDelete

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...