8 Oct 2012

The Boys Returned to School Today, and Mum Lost The Plot...

So here in QLD, the kids went back to school today, and mum, well I lost the plot !! Every time my kids return to school after more then a few days off, I spend the day giving the house a good tidy up, a bit of a scrub.
Mums, you know what I'm talking about, the little things that NEVER get done when you have kids floating around the house under your feet, the pointless things that are NOT worth attempting.

Well....... OK, the things that I refuse to attempt with messy, stinky teenage boys hanging around :)

Today however, I went a little overboard......
I went a little crazy, and it may just take me the rest of the week to get this house back to some sort of normality.
Instead of just vacuuming, dusting and floor washing, I ripped curtains from their rods, move lounges and desks from their moorings, scrubbed windows inside AND out (I hope your sitting down while you read this ladies) and, think that I may even have upset the computer when it took a journey to the other side of the room, away from the glare of the sun, (all the better to skype on now).

I'm worn out, I'm quite buggered actually, but I feel good at the same time, the lounge area feels fresh, clean and all sparkly, even the boys noticed a difference when they walked in the door from school, YES the boys noticed.....Imagine that !!

Tomorrow, I am moving onto the boys rooms, look out ! (here is where it will get scary) a culling and a cleaning this mum will be. I will be sure to take all outcasts to lifeline and be finished before they (my boys) get home from school, I have learnt over the years never to involve the boys when mum is on a culling mission (I believe that I may be raising hoarders) OMG NO !!!
So tonight a good sleep is needed if I am to achieve the impossible tomorrow........

Oh and by the way, the boys first day of term four, went really well, here's to a fabulous last term for 2012....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

AROUND HERE LATELY

Well hello there.... It’s been a while between blog posts, I needed time to gather my thoughts and to heal, both inside and out. Most of...