Easy meals, they are my favourite. Especially in summer and the lead up to Christmas. I'd rather be sitting around the pool enjoying a nice cold glass of bubbles then slaving over a hot stove. Having said that, my tribe still expects to be fed.
This recipe is a quick way to enjoy a great Italian meal without to much fuss. Served rice, pasta or potatoes and salad, it will surely please the fussiest of eaters.
* 1.5 kilos of chicken pieces
* 2 onions sliced
* 1/4 cup red wine
* 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
* 200 grams sliced mushrooms
* 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
* 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 800 gram can dic d tomatoes
* 1 cup sliced black olives / optional
Spray a large non stick pan with spray oil. Brown both sides of the chicken, remove then cook the onion until soft.
Return the chicken to the pan and all other ingredients.
Cover and cook at a simmer for half an hour or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
Enjoy, and have a fabulous week.