3 Jul 2013

Yarn Love !

It's been getting rather chilly around these parts lately, and as I am a sucker for keeping warm and trying to look as fashionable as I can whenever I leave the house, I am rather partial to wearing pretty scarfs to brighten up these dreary Winter days.

I have quite a collection of soft, warm, floaty scarves to choose from, but each year when Winter rolls around, it seems that there are always new exciting colours and patterns that I just can't resist, I am quite sure that they are calling my name as I stroll past the displays.

 *sigh*

So this year, as I waded through my wardrobe to see what Winter woollies would need updating in my small collection (here in QLD our Winters do not last long so spending a lot of $$ on Winter warmers is not needed) I decided that there would be NO need to add to my scarf collection. Enough is enough, right ?

Whoops, I failed.......

I didn't exactly go out and buy any new scarves, I promise ! but on a recent trip to my favorite "women's hardware store" Lincraft :) I came across the most gorgeous yarn that was perfect for making pretty scarves.

I couldn't resist
I purchased said yarn
And I have been whipping up some beautiful scarves ever since.



The colours are amazing, and though it is a little difficult to use at the beginning (I recommend watching the short movie clip in store) once you get the hang of it, the scarves grow alarmingly fast. So far I have made one in the purple and one in pink and I am heading out this afternoon to purchase a few more balls of this magical yarn :)

Shhhhhhh that part is a secret !!!!

The finished project

This is not a sponsored post !!

CHICKEN PARM MEATBALL SKILLET

Its that time of year again where you look for and crave comfort food. Not only does the consuming of such foods warm the body and the soul...